Aberdeenshire Council is now seeking public comment on the content of the Proposed Aberdeenshire Local Development Plan 2020 and supporting documents.
- The consultation is now live and closes on Friday 17 July 2020 at 5pm.
- The Proposed Plan is the ‘settled view’ of Aberdeenshire Council following a period of substantial scrutiny and previous public consultation. The nature of the current consultation is such that any objections from people seeking to modify the Proposed Plan would need to be strongly justified.
- In essence, the Proposed Plan contains a Vision statement, the policies to be used in determining planning applications, and what development is expected to take place, and where.
- The webpage containing all information related to the consultation can be found at https://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/planning/plans-and-policies/pldp-2020/ , including links to 3 short films and the Virtual Drop-In ‘room’. The webpage also includes a link to resources available for communities, with easy to read posters that summarise key information.
- Formal responses known as ‘representations’ can be made during the public consultation period by using a response form available for download from www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/planning/plans-and-policies/pldp-2020/how-to-respond/ , or the form can be issued by email or post on request. They will only accept representations during the consultation period from 25th May 2020 to 17th July 2020.